13 Point Solar Ecology Charter©:
- Mankind and nature are one, not separate, and must and work
- Mankind must enrich and maintain a healthy soil to produce food for a growing
- Stop destruction of forests and natural habitats including acidizing the oceans, and
recreate ‘blue carbon’ environments to absorb CO2 / CH4. Clean oceans and marine ecosystems, such as seagrass, salt marshes and coastal wetlands remove large quantities of
carbon from the atmosphere.
- Avoid toxic waste and cleaning up waste after it is formed.
- Chemical products should be as innocuous as possible and
- Energy requirements to manufacture products should be low; extreme temperatures and
pressures should be avoided.
- The use of fossil fuels should be minimized and ultimately
- The use of clean renewable energy should be maximized.
- Raw materials should be from sustainable sources and recyclable.
- New homes and buildings should be designed and built with solar energy and/or heat pumps as
standard to maximize energy usage efficiency and prevent leaks.
- Existing homes and buildings should be modified to maximize energy usage efficiency and
savings, and be equipped with solar energy and/or heat pumps.
- All lights at homes and in buildings must be energy efficient (e.g.
- Government and large corporations should provide much more help for home owners and
businesses to move over to solar ecology and sustainable living.